Aiming to improve on the default design, the Leofoto NF-6 replaces Nikon's original lens collar foot and provides a lower profile and a lower center of gravity for better balance. Two safety stops are located on the bottom of the foot, which prevents accidental lens release when a quick-release receiver clamp is partially open.
- Built-in Arca-Swiss dovetail mounting and includes a Quick Detach (QD) Socket for quickly attaching a compatible strap or sling
- Textured silicone pad for better ergonomics and added comfort
- 3/8" & 1/4" threaded mounting holes
- Lightweight, low profile and provides the best possible stability for your lens.
- Hard anodized, aircraft grade aluminum for maximum strength and durability
The NF-06 is better in every way than the original foot
It does the job well for what it is designed to do. However, should not need to be purchased as it should have been included by Nikon with my initial purchase.
The part of the mount which attaches to the lens is too thin - as result the 4 bolt heads, which attach the plate, sit proud of the surrounding metal as they cannot be recessed into the plate itself. Additionally the bolts are silver and much longer than the original bolts. I used the Nikon black bolts instead rather than risk damaging the lens with overlong bolts and used Loctite to secure them.