Aiming to improve on the default design, the Leofoto NF-6 replaces Nikon's original lens collar foot and provides a lower profile and a lower center of gravity for better balance. Two safety stops are located on the bottom of the foot, which prevents accidental lens release when a quick-release receiver clamp is partially open.
- Built-in Arca-Swiss dovetail mounting and includes a Quick Detach (QD) Socket for quickly attaching a compatible strap or sling
- Textured silicone pad for better ergonomics and added comfort
- 3/8" & 1/4" threaded mounting holes
- Lightweight, low profile and provides the best possible stability for your lens.
- Hard anodized, aircraft grade aluminum for maximum strength and durability
It does the job well for what it is designed to do. However, should not need to be purchased as it should have been included by Nikon with my initial purchase.